Saturday, November 27, 2010

Cop's Kid-ness.

Depression's a bitch. Jsyk. Black Friday shopping= avoided this year, thankyou stomach virus.

So, I dunno if anyone besides my 3 followers actually read this, I would be surprised if they did, but for those of you who don't know, my dad's a police officer. And he had to work Thanksgiving this year....again. He almost always has to work the Holidays. All of them. Which is frustrating for me, because it means while everybody else is already bragging about gifts and how much they love the holidays cause they get to see their family, I'm sitting at home praying with all my life that the nut-jobs will leave my dad alone, so he can come home safe just one more night. But at the same time, I have to recognize that because of my dad's occupation, while I'm sitting at home praying for him, he's out protecting the general public and making sure that somebody else's dad, or mom, sister, brother, uncle, aunt, grandma, son, daughter, grandad, or other random relative gets home safely, so they don't have to sit at home like me, praying that they'll get home safe...just one. more. night. I don't really know why I decided to share this particular tid-bit. But I did. So yeah....thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Thank God for men like your father!
    You must be so proud of him even though sometimes he is not there for the important occasions.
    Try not to be depressed or sad. You seem to be a person who feels your emotions deeply because the people in your life matter. There is nothing wrong with that. Sometimes you need to tell yourself that worrying is a waste of time and energy, because it never helps. When you feel anxiety over something, the result is usually that it only hurts you and it never resolves what you are concerned about.
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia
    Take care of yourself Cait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I hear so much negativity about my dad's occupation from school and other adults criticizing the departments where we live that it's nice to hear things like that. I am incredibly proud of my dad, he's the best. It's just hard sometimes, and thankyou. I will try to keep that in mind. I really appreciate it. And thank you so much for reading.

    ReplyDelete