Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I haven't posted in forever.

And I would like to apologize if there's anybody who still actually pays attention to this...teen angst took over my life for a long time. But...it's getting better. My friend Riley and I...we're not what we used to be, by any means. But, well, I guess I'm getting used to the way things are now. My dad is on a new shift again, so I get to see him a lot more. My mom has a new job, and she's so much happier. Devon is....Devon. There aren't words to describe how truly amazing he is. Today is the last day of sophomore year. It's bittersweet for a lot of reasons. All my closest friends, my big brothers and sisters, from the senior class are graduating. They won't be here next year, and that saddens me. But I'm almost a Junior. All of the change makes it feel like something big is going to happen this summer or next year. I know it sounds cliche and awful, but it feels like I'm getting a new beginning. It's like this summer is the beginning of the rest of my life...I'm coming to terms with my past and loving what is now. I've found the beauty in everything again... and it makes me so happy. I am happy. I haven't truly been happy in so long, and now, with school and drama and everything else out of the way, I'm happy. I needed this summer to get here. I've needed it all year. But it's finally here. And I can't wait. So...(more cliche, sorry) Summer 2011, get ready. 'Cause here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment