Thursday, August 19, 2010

I know this amazing kid.

She shall remain unnamed, but she knows who she is. She is my sister. My best friend. My stronghold. My shoulder to cry on. My person to lean on when I need a hand. She's the cold that wakes me when I'm numb. She's brave, strong, determined and.....she's lost hope. It kills me to see her like this. She's in pain 24/7. She has a nerve disorder called RSD, its also know as CRPS. Usually teens don't get it. But she beat those odds. She can't walk, she can't let anything touch her leg, and its spreading to her intestines. It sucks. She needs help, but she's too stubborn to let anyone help. And I'm the same way, so I understand and let her have her pride. But sometimes, just sometimes, I wish I could really know what she's going through so I could know what to say when she calls crying because she's terrified she'll never walk again. I wish I could make it all disappear. But I can't. Which sucks. But she's amazing, because she's doing this insane thing. If you ask me, it's the best ability one can have. The ability to adapt. And that's what she does. She adapts, she works hard, she keeps going. And I know that she will keep going until she gets better. I just wish I could get her to realize all of this. Maybe this will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment