Friday, December 24, 2010

Clarity

I've recently learned that people will do some pretty crazy things to be able to feel. To feel the touch of a loved one, or the snow crunching under your feet, or even just the feel of your own skin. But it seems to me that people will do even crazier things to feel emotions. Nobody wants to go through life feeling nothing or not knowing how they feel. It can make you go crazy. To feel a thousand things at once, yet still feel nothing at all. All you want is a little clarity, to make your mind stop spinning long enough to be able to sort through what's going on. And then, when you can't feel anything, you just want to be able to know that you're still there. It's like one of my favorite songs says, "When everything feels like the movies, yea you bleed just to know you're alive. And I don't want the world to see me, cause I dont think that they'd understand." Not everybody chooses the same thing. Some people do drugs, some people cut, some people just deal on their own. Everybody has to choose their own poison, you know? Whatever it happens to be that works for them. So what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment